Friday, November 16, 2012

one more time habit

just finished "To Kill A Mocking Bird" for a third time. Gandalf and Pippin are walking the courtyard out side the Grat Hall of Minas Tirith for the second time. um... there are actually there waiting for me to turn the page since last two months. "Fallen Dragon" too has done its second run after about seven years. "Wizard and Glass" wants to be picked up again before I start the last book of the epic series. the first one "The Gunslinger" of course was read for a second time at the start after about umm... say 10 years! And am trying real hard not to pull out "The Inheritance of Loss" out of that carton again.

More than a habit, I feel, its always the story that calls. which I had once in a way 'lived' and so fallen in love that it becomes like a place or a friend to where or whom I feel so good to visit again and again.
another thing responsible, I reckon, could be is the sadness with which I finish a book. like I never wanted it to end and maybe that's why maybe to see if there was something more of the story which I may have left out. like the beautiful and tragic story of the Mejis in Wizard and Glass. I want to hear that story again.

It's of course a bad habit coz there are so many more stories out there which I must be reading instead of repeating old ones. I hope the habit changes soon for good.

"Nanha Rajkumar" (the Hindi version of The Little Prince by Saint-Exupery) doesn't find mention above as I've never kept a count for it. this one is like prepositions in English language; filling in every now and then.

No comments: