Wednesday, May 30, 2007

a record of my own...

and i am proud to announce that... yes i am going to make a record. i think i had already made it and i just want to improve the number.
the record is 'number of times i had watched Lord of The Rings' movie! ya... all the three parts!
had seen it once before buying the dvd of the trilogy some 2 years back. since then, believe it or not, i had enjoyed this complete 8+ hours saga 21 times and the 22nd is running! phew!

me is not a patient guy and cannot complete a simple 3 hour hindi or even 2 hour english movie in one sitting except in halls. many a times it happened that i take 2-3 days to complete just one movie. i remember well when my roomie, ankur, introduced me 'Shawshank Redemption' and 'Forrest Gump'. since he knew how i treat poor movies, and these being his very favourite, he literally requested me to watch them or rather start them only if i can finish them in one shot! i did that!

coming back to LOTR! i want to do a 25 as soon as i can! well... definitely i had not finished the complete 8+ hrs thing in one go except twice! yes, twice i completed it in one spell! and what makes me seeing this grand presentation again and again?
the reason being, everytime i watch it, i discover new things! some scenes, some new meaning of some dialogues, some new thing which escaped my eye last time, and so, each time it is fresh for me! and the numbers are added more since i started the LOTR novel! i watch it more to compare it in the text and on screen!
one peculiar thing... if i am watching it for, say 22nd time, and i take a break of 1-2 days even in between of any part, when i get back, i exactly remember where i left it! and this happens even after i had watched it numerous times! its always fresh!

its an uncomparable movie. will prefer it over any other in my favourites list. each and every scene is at its best and superbly amazing!
my best scene is the lighting of the Beacons of Gondor!
will announce my 25th watch very soon! :)
and... i was thinking of creating 'movies' label for this post, but no...

2 comments:

Himanshu Jain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Boss now that you have completed your quarter century, you might as well finish it up with the movie too.

And yes there was one more movie that I (initially) forced you to watch -My Cousin Vinny. Looking back it was prob the only movie that we saw together (and in one sitting)in 2 years.